bobjuice  
Old 07-10-2017, 12:51 PM
on a high horse

jim is a jewel in the roughjim is a jewel in the roughjim is a jewel in the rough
Default filehost

someone asked me to recommend a file host for storing files for a long period of time ... i only use wetransfer and mega .. and mega is a nightmare tbh!

which is the best out there ...must have no waiting time etc...

cheers jim
Old 07-10-2017, 02:20 PM
leaving town for the sunshine

ade is just really niceade is just really niceade is just really niceade is just really nice

gavitex.com will give you 25gb for free, no ads, no pops, ok upload speed, very fast download. files stay as long as you want them to. can slow down if uploading big files but downloads aren't affected.

google drive, 15gb as you certainly know, pretty much the same as above.

zippyshare, files up to 200mb only, stay there 30 days after last download, decent upload speed and fast downloads, no waiting but beware of pop ups when downloading you can reduce them by right click on download now and save as. NEVER USE THE BACK ARROW IN THE TOP LEFT OF YOUR SCREEN.

mediafire, 10gb free, decent up and down, stay as long as you like, make sure any file names are not blatantly obvious eg BS not bruce springsteen.

file factory, free account stores files for 90 days, decent upload speed, users will have to wait 60 seconds to download in most cases but not if they have a file factory account. but they're getting it for free so if they can't wait 60 seconds i say fuck em. If you use file factory be sure to enable traffic share in the account options. This speeds up downloads for the first 100gb a month.

pcloud, very good up and fast down, think it's limited to 500mb per file and 10-15gb storage for free but cant remember for certain, files stay there, no waiting to download.

box.com, limited to 250mb per file, good up, fast down but traffic is limited to 10gb per 30 days and will only store 10gb but files stay there.

dropbox only 2gb free, ok upload speed, fast download speed but if files are being hit heavy they will suspend.

1fichier.com - i keep meaning to try this one but always forget. no waiting for the first download but you have to wait for subsequent.

filecloud.io - i can't figure this one out but one of the uploaders on live4ever uses it a lot.

mega - i only have a mega log in to download more than it let's you in one go. I'd never use it for uploading because i hate the site.

I would say the following file hosts should be banned from all use keep2share, uploaded, filejoker, filefox, openload, nitroflare, cloud.mail.ru (this will install shit on your machine). These sites are simply a pain in the arse: rapidgator, turbobit, sendspace.

Personally i'd recommend mixing and matching across the top 7/8 listed. Using file size and expected audience size as some sort of guide. I think you can probably get away with two accounts with different email sign ups on all of them (i have for the last few years).
Old 07-10-2017, 05:10 PM
it’s all you need each night

Rob71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been using disk.yandex recently, seems ok. You get 10gb free and can set up multiple linked accounts.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:56 PM

ade is just really niceade is just really niceade is just really niceade is just really nice

just trying out hubic.com 25gb free, very good upload speed so far. Links only appear to last for ten days, tried the file myself while not being logged in and download speed is very fast, no pop ups or ads. file posted if anyone wants a trial.
Old 13-11-2017, 05:01 PM

zippyshare now allowing up to 500mb uploads