bobjuice  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Navaronuk

Default Flood of Blondie Bootleg Releases

For those of you into Blondie you'll know that in the 1970s/early 1980s there were several bootlegs vinyls released... over time most serious collectrors will have picked up these for their collections. None are particularly hard to get but nice none the less

Then in 1998 after the comeback and a couple of new albums renewed interest...

However in the past year to 18 months, there has been a flood of bootls coming out of Israel and Greece... nothing new content wise just knockoffs of live shows from yesteryear... what the hell!! 35 to my knowledge in the last 18 months, compared to 15 over the past 30 years!!!!

Now people are even trying to mock up fake picture sleeves for old singles and passing them as something new.... especially for UK/US singles that never originally came with PS

Do any other groups suffer from this blatent rip off of fans and collectors?
Old 05-06-2015, 05:47 PM
pure as unproverbial

Ant Warrior will become famous soon enoughAnt Warrior will become famous soon enough

As a mild fan of Adam and the Ants / Adam Ant I do collect the odd show or two. Now my theory is if its official I buy it and want others to too. Bootlegs however are something that some one has taken the time, money and effort to get. They buy the tickets for the show, record it and then put it out for other fans to get for free. However there are certain tw@ts out there that love nothing more than tyring to make a fast buck or two for these shows. I have seen many Adam Ant CD's for sale at silly prices with home made covers around on the internet. (ioffer was one site)
One was a member of the official forum, who got the gig off the site, for free to site members, and the photo for the cover (actually taken by the guy who runs the site!) and decided to make CD copies for sale at £12-£15 each!
Thats why I like it here, people who have stuff are willing to take the time and effort to share what they have with those fans who dont have.

It's polite to say 'thanks' to the uploader for their post. Talking about music is why we are here.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:23 AM
Navaronuk

Totally agree, the Blondie collectors market for trading boots used to be vibrant and open..... then a couple of dodgy guys in the US started selling on the auctions sites - in some cases even using the same artwork to make some quick cash.... as a result the trading stopped as everyone wanted to protect their collection from being raped..... now individuals trade with people they trust which is sad really.... but a reailty. Makes it tough for newbies coming into the collecting scene as everyone is treated with suspicion.
Old 24-05-2017, 09:48 AM
nauseating bashfulness

Riezz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaronuk View Post
Totally agree, the Blondie collectors market for trading boots used to be vibrant and open..... then a couple of dodgy guys in the US started selling on the auctions sites - in some cases even using the same artwork to make some quick cash.... as a result the trading stopped as everyone wanted to protect their collection from being raped..... now individuals trade with people they trust which is sad really.... but a reailty. Makes it tough for newbies coming into the collecting scene as everyone is treated with suspicion.
Yeah you are right I bought so much Blondie picture disc bootlegs on eBay and they are all of the same Waldorf show and that is a pitty.
But well, as a Blondie fan I need those records haha
Old 21-04-2017, 06:48 PM
crashing through those barriers

APV70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just check out all the Adam & the Ants rehashed bootleg CD's on ebay...most bands have this